Sunday, June 7, 2009

12 Years and Counting

Happy Anniversary to Us!!!
Wow it is really hard to believe that Chris and I have been married for 12 years. The past 12 years have been filled with many up and downs. When I look back at all the events that have occur ed in our lives since 1997 I am amazed that we are still together! No, I am teasing the last 12 years have been a blessing to Chris and I! We have shared so much together...we began our careers... started new businesses...bought new houses...sold houses...built houses...became an Aunt and an Uncle...rejoiced in becoming parents to 3 beautiful children...accrued debt...mourned the loss of loved ones...encountered wonderful friendships...coached little league teams...grown in our faith...but most of all we have nurtured that LOVE we have for one another! I am proud to say that I have been married to my BEST FRIEND for 12 years! I hope and pray that we have many more years ahead of us to continue to share our love for one another! If you are reading this blog then Chris and I owe you a thank you as well for being a part of our lives. We are so fortunate to have many, many friends and family to share in our happiness!
On a lighter note Chris and I (and the kids) did go to dinner last night for our anniversary. I know how romantic dinner with 3 kids. We thought about getting a sitter but Cole and Chloe really wanted to celebrate with us so...what the heck! Well I am glad that we have been married for as long as we have and that neither one of us was expecting anything too elaborate because as it turned out we ate in shifts. One got to eat while the other sat outside (yes outside) with Corlee! I have never in all my years of parenting had to take one of my children out of the restaurant! But never say never! She had a long day at the ball fields and was wanting no part of behaving in a highchair! And to end our "date" a trip to Wal-Mart! And the rest is history!
Happy Anniversary to Us!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! I'm so happy for yall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I was there when ya'll started dating. Wow, twelve years. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete