Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One Down One To Go

Bought two really "shabby chic" dressers for Corlee's room in Canton a few months ago! When I saw them at Canton I knew they were just what I wanted. I bargined (Ihate doing that) with the lady and got what I thought was a really good deal on the two of them. I called Chris and he drove from Oklahoma (not kidding) to pick them up for me. He took one look at them and told me I got ripped off. I convinced him that ther were "perfect" they were "just what I was looking for"!
So we got them home and in the house they did not even look white, as a matter of fact they were not even the same color. But they were "just what I wanted". So a few days went by and two of the drawer bottoms fell out, some of the drawers were extremely hard to open, one knob fell off... Well my "shabby chic" purchase had turned in to "shabby shit" but I could not let Chris know how I was feeling or I would have to hear, told ya so!
But needless to say I could not deal with these "shabby" pieces any longer. So I decided that I would fix the drawers, strip, and repaint these darling pieces! Well 1 down 1 to go!

Before my handy work!


After all my hard work!


It's hard to tell in my pics, but Chris' mom hand painted all the knobs for me! They are really cute!

Now I have to finish the second dresser!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!! Blogging is so much fun and a great way to stay in touch! I'll keep checking back to read the updates. Your kiddos are so cute and boy do those girls look like you! I miss that laugh and hopefully we can get together one day.

    ReplyDelete