Saturday, May 23, 2009

Field Day

Well the kids had Field Day yesterday at their school. Chris and I were both able to go and help. I volunteered to help with Chloe's class and Chris went with Cole's. They both had a good time! There were a total of 17 stations but a few of their favorites were bounce house obstacle course, hippity hop race, football throw, sack race, three-legged race, and the 30 yard dash (Chloe liked this I am not sure Cole can run 30 yards). As I said before the kids had a great time and all of the students were well behaved and seemed to enjoy themselves.
I on the other hand want to know what happened to the days of real "Field Day"? When I was a kid (this makes me feel old) we really ran races and competed against each other! What a novel idea. This motto of "everyone is a winner" is for the birds. The real world does not treat us all as winners. We have to compete every day. We compete for jobs, parking spaces, a good seat in the movie theatre, we women compete with other women for best dressed, best hair, most well behaved children... the list goes on. And men I know you compete with each other too. Everytime I saw Chris today he was standing with a group of dads and they all had that "Yea I'm the Man" stance...You know the one I am talking about...Standing real tall (I guess you don't want to be the shortest), arms crossed in front of you(trying to hide your belly???), head held high(what's this about), all of them just a talking ...competing for the best story! So see we all compete and we are not all winners...Sometimes we have to lose. And this is one thing that I think kids aren't good at. Kids these days don't know how to lose. I know none of us like to lose but we have to teach our children how to lose with dignity. How to get right back up and try again! How to try, try, try again! So I think I will start a Facebook Group called "Bring Back Field Day"...Do you want to be a member?
Okay enough for my soap box here are a few pics from Field Day. I am sorry to report that I do not have a picture of Chris racing Cole on the Hippity Hop Ball Race...I would have loved to have seen that for myself!!!

The little boy to the left of Chloe is her "friend" Grant! She talks about Grant all the time and apparently Grant talks about Chloe all the time. Grant recently told Chloe that she looked "HOT" with her hair down so now it is a fight to get her to wear a ponytail to school! WOW...Already!

Cole is in the middle with the hat on! Go Hippity Hop Go! Wouldn't you like to see Chris on these!

See Cole is not a good loser at all but we are trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment